Easy Halloween Cookies: Spooky Spiders
Prep time: 5 minutes
Wait time: 10 minutes
Makes about 24 cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats (not the quick cook kind)
- ½ cup all-purpose whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sunflower butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 48 mini round pretzels
- 48 dark chocolate chips
- In the large bowl of a food processor, pulse the oats until fine, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, sunflower butter, and honey to the oats. Pulse again in the food processor until the mixture comes together into a large ball, about 2 minutes more.
- Using a tablespoon, place a small amount of dough in your hands and roll it into a ball the size of a large marble. Roll each cookie in the shredded coconut. Tip: Before decorating your spiders, it’s helpful to let the cookies chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Break the pretzels into small pieces to create the spiders’ legs. Press six small pieces of pretzel into the sides of the cookie, leaving enough space in the front for the eyes.
- Add two dark chocolate chips to create the eyes.
- Refrigerate the cookies for 10 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for up to a week.