I know exactly what you are thinking. How could a green beverage actually taste good? I thought the same thing too. I swore I would never fall for the hype. I was wrong.
Not only do green smoothies taste amazing (really! They do!), but they can have some great health benefits if made correctly.
Health Benefits of Green Smoothies
- A convenient, easy way to reach your FRESH fruit and vegetable daily quota.Not a fan of fresh fruit or veggies? Depending on the ingredients, one smoothie can contain up to 5 servings of combined fruits and vegetables.
- Easy on your digestion. Maybe you don’t eat your fresh veggies because you don’t digest them well (i.e. gas). Green smoothies are easily digested due to the rupturing of the cells in the greens and fruits when blended. This makes them absorb into your body more quickly as well.
- Greens are awesome. A molecule of chlorophyll closely resembles a molecule of human blood. According to teachings of Dr. Ann Wigmore, “consuming chlorophyll is like receiving a healthy blood transfusion.”
- Quick to make, quick to cleanup, great for an on-the-go snack or meal replacement.
- Greens defend against cancer, resist diabetes, lower blood pressure and defy your age. The above mentioned clorophyll has been shown to play a role in preventing cancer. Vitamin K in leafy greens may prevent insulin resistance. Gram for gram, leafy greens contain more potassium than a banana which can help lower blood pressure. Finally, the boost of vitamin C from the leafy greens help keep you looking young.